What's your favourite way to convert DXF files to SVG?

What’s your favourite way to convert DXF files to SVG? Testing out Onshape now (looks really promising!) and the software is able to export DXF files but not SVG (as far as I can see).

I use Inkscape for saving dxf

Thanks Frank - I was thinking the other way around (DXF–>SVG) since Onshape is not exporting this format.

my inkscape seems to import dxf files just fine (just tried it to be sure).

Yep, Inkscape will open a dxf no problem.

Okey I might just have to try out inkscape - see that this is free too as Onshape. I have been using Skechup for many years now but when I see what e.g. Onshape is capable of I understand I have to expand my CAD horizon :smiley: :smiley:

inkscape is a vector drawing program not a CAD program. and it is more than just free as in beer… it is open source!

Yes, very good point Frank! People should also be aware of LibreCAD which is a free, open source 2D CAD package.

You should also request Onshape support to take in SVG support. They’re usually quite reactive and will do it if enough users are requesting it. I’ll do it right but the more the merrier…

"Hi Michaël,

Your support ticket:

“Add direct SVG export”

has been marked as an improvement request. Onshape development will evaluate the request and we will notify you if/when this has been implemented. Thank you for helping us make Onshape awesome!"

:slight_smile:

Hi Christian,

Your support ticket:

“SVG!”

has been marked as an improvement request. Onshape development will evaluate the request and we will notify you if/when this has been implemented. Thank you for helping us make Onshape awesome!

Andy