What is the effective difference between the color correction/temperature settings?

What is the effective difference between the color correction/temperature settings? I’ve tried passing some hex codes to them and appear to get the same visual results. Are they basically the same, but we have the option to combine two simultaneously?

Yes, they ultimately combine into the same value. Why are they separate? Well, for example, you might have one set of LEDs where green is brighter, so you want to do a color correction for that strip (eg if you have multiple strips running on multiple pins). Meanwhile, you may want to adjust the overall color temperature/white to line up with other lighting in the space that you’re in.

Got it, thank you. Toying around with this makes me long for more post-process effects. What would you think about a master HSV pass at the object level? It would be fun to easily convert a display to B&W, or perform hue shifts. I know this could be done in sketch code, but then again so could color correction.

For one, not everyone works in hsv :slight_smile:

For another, we worked out a way to have the color correction/temperature be applied while writing out the led data (so it is basically zero overhead) - but I’m now out of cycles (at least as long as we support 16mhz Avr) - so higher level is where those transforms would live for now.