What is everyone printing the Herculien parts out of ABS, PLA, or other?

What is everyone printing the Herculien parts out of ABS, PLA, or other? I have been playing with some eSun PLA+ and seems really good results.

Thanks in advance.

I’ve been doing all of my parts using esun PETG. It’s been a little tough to get dialed in, but once it is the parts come out pretty nice, and they are more heat resistant and stronger than PLA.

I used eSun PLA+ for my Eustathios. It seems fine to me, sufficiently strong. I didn’t have faith that I could get PETG right, lol. I haven’t printed more than 100 or so hours, but no issues due to printed parts.

If you use the panels on HercuLien (i.e. making it enclosed), then avoid PLA. International chamber temp can passively reach 55C when the bed is at ABS temps. At 55C the PLA will deform under load. So PETG or ABS are the preference for anything inside the enclosure. Or at least for anything inside that experience any loading.

Now i see what you are talking about as the distortion temp for PLA is between 52 to 56 and ABS is at 78. But I see PETG is only at 64 is that high enough? But I think ABS is a good option but I see PETG has a higher elongation.

@Jeff_Kes I have all ABS parts. But I know @Zane_Baird ​ has been using PETG parts without issues.

I guess I need to work on my ABS printing quality. It has been good but I need to get a better enclosure. Thanks for the feedback.