What do you think on this type of movement?

What do you think on this type of movement? http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:560353
I love it because the printer can be closed with wood panels (reducing noises!! and vibrations). Dont like cartesians and its glass moving all the time (dynamic forces involved), deltas are nice, but can not be properly closed and core xy and hbot are more complex than this system
Would love to hear from you :slight_smile:

Can’t see your point. There is nothing new. There are a lot of printers like this. Except that it seems to be very fragile.

What does this mean ( Dont like cartesians and its glass moving all the time )?

Yes but the way i read it he is saying that a cartesian has a moving bed that is more than up and down.

I would scale it to 200x200x200, just as a normal cubic printer. Bed only moves on z, so it does not have all that mass moving and speed can be improved.
@Sven_Eric_Nielsen I have seen for example Ditto. It is said that it prints very well, but would like to hear something from people who has tried them :slight_smile:
Thank all!

There are much better designs out there, that give a better volume-to-print-volume ratio (this one is horrible), are easier to enclose and a lot more sturdy than this wobbly construction. Also, if you are printing in PLA (no heated bed on this printer, so you are pretty much limited to PLA) then an enclosure is bad. PLA likes to be cooled.

TL;DR: This printer is nothing new and poorly designed.

@Shachar_Weis would apreciate an example :slight_smile: Would like to copy only the belt and motor system to make a Ditto clone, so the only important thing about the printer I mentioned (skeleton) is the belt and motor system :slight_smile:

@Javier_Prieto There’s the Ultimaker and the Ingentis/Eustathios/Procerus/Herculien variations of it. There’s a community: https://plus.google.com/communities/108524206628971601859

@Ben_Malcheski Thank you! Didnt even know them… Think will try one of these buildings, with metric rods (have several meters) instead of extrusions, and some wood panels in the laterals to make it rigid and noiseless!

Well, it doesn’t seem much portable to me…