WeMos D1 Mini USB NodeMcu Lua V3 CH340G Wireless Internet Develop Board ESP8266 Does

WeMos D1 Mini USB NodeMcu Lua V3 CH340G Wireless Internet Develop Board ESP8266
Does anyone know if this board should be directly programmable by the Arduino IDE using the “Wemos D1 R2 and Mini” selection for the board selection. The board I have connects to a port but fails to upload a sketch. What are the two push buttons for next to the USB?
Thank you

Can help with part of your question. The buttons are “Flash” and “Reset”.

Thank you. Have you used one of these with the Arduino IDE? I am beginning to suspect this one is faulty.

@Brian_Lambert Only the NodeMCU have I used with Arduino. I did load the firmware for Mico python but didn’t like the steps to upload the sketches so switched back to Arduino IDE.

There should be videos on YouTube that can show you how to press and hold the buttons to get the board into programming mode.

Start at 1:36 and end at 1:44. That should be all you need.

If that board doesn’t have the UART to USB chip then yes you will need to make use of the buttons. If it does have there is no need to press the combo buttons for uploading sketches. The pic you show has the micro USB port so I am guessing you have the USB to serial connection and do not need to fuss with the buttons.

@David_Komando Thank you, I have tried every combination of the two buttons but to no avail.

@Rud_Dog I have tried loading a sketch with and without using the buttons but no luck.

Maybe the flash size problem, default flash size wemos D1 mini is 4M, your’e version maybe 32M. Try http://esptool.py to check flash size before using arduino IDE

@Brian_Lambert Please show the steps you are taking to upload a sketch.

@Rud_Dog
1-connect usb cable
2- Arduino IDE port 6 recognised
3- Checked board info
BN: Unknown board
VID: 1A86
PID: 7523
SN: Upload any sketch to obtain it
4-Tried all esp8266 boards in Arduino IDE
5-Tried all combinations of the two push buttons on the board.
6-Tried various baudrates 115200, 921600 etc
7-Uploading a blink sketch board light flashes twice and results in
warning: espcomm_send_command: didn’t receive command response
warning: espcomm_send_command(FLASH_DOWNLOAD_BEGIN) failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

@Cahyo_Hertanto I can’t see any esp8266 board in Arduino IDE with a 32M flash size

Do you have the ch340g driver installed on the pc?

@Jeff_Krom_Buzz_NY Yes, it’s the chip on my other Wemos D1 boards all of which work fine.

Shot in the dark if you are attempting to use the Arduino IDE and C++ did you load the firmware for that combo? Are your other boards using LUA or Arduino/C++?
Also are the drivers showing up as ok in your device manager(assuming you are running Windows?)

@Rud_Dog Other boards use Arduiono/C++. Drivers are fine in device manager.

+Brian Lambert it look like this board with extra 32M flash, if arduino IDE doesn’t work try export bin using arduino and flash it using esptool
missing/deleted image from Google+

@Brian_Lambert did you say this board is LUA

@Rud_Dog The board description says “Combine WiFi access point and feature station + microcontrollers using Lua programming language is simple. WiFi Modern ESP8266 + 32MB, provides: arduin0 hardware IO.”