Water Flow Failure, No Longer Firing

k40 Laser was not firing unless I pressed the test button on the power supply. Researched the issue on this board and tried to jump the circuit by cutting and connecting the two black wires that connected the flow meter to the board. Did not work and also when I tried to override using the test button, the laser will not fire. Re-attached the flow meter and still no luck with the test button. Any help on how to trouble shoot if its one of the other “safety” features or if the whole power supply needs to be replaced? The machine is a Ebay special and is about a year old. thanks

Let me check these symptoms:

1. You can successfully fire with the test button down on the supply?
  2. You cannot fire with the Test button on the panel with the “laser switch” on (laser enabled)?
  3. You have bypassed the water protect switch by shorting out P-G on the supply?
  4. You have a digital control panel?

When you answer please use the list numbers above.

This guide may help while we are troubleshooting.

Thanks for your help, based on the file you shared, my guess is I need a new power supply.

???

Yes,
2. You cannot fire with the Test button on the panel with the “laser switch” on (laser enabled)?
3. You have bypassed the water protect switch by shorting out P-G on the supply?
4. You have a digital control panel?

he’s trying to help so please answer all questions asked even if you described something in text elsewhere. Often people are helping many people at the same time and NEED clarity regarding what’s actually happening.

1 Like

It will not fire with the test button, I jumped the P-G on the power supply and I do have a digital control planel.
Hope that helps.
Thanks,
Don

So this is no longer true?

Originally the test button would work and by moving the water sensor around, I could get the laser to function normally. Ran a test burn and Then it failed again so I jumped the water sensor and the test button would no longer fire the laser.

I hope you know for a fact you had water flowing through the system before doing anything to bipass the flow switch. If not, your tube is probably fried.

Don asked you to short out P-G on the power supply for a reason. Not shorting out the flow switch. Shorting out at the power supply eliminates all of the safety wiring from the test case. So if you shorted correctly P-G pins on the PS and the fire button, there’s water flow and it will not fire the laser… I would say either or both the PS and tube are history. Don’s more of an expert on this though.

Water flow was working fine, I made sure of that. I have ordered a new power supply and it should be here early next week. Then will see if the tube still works. I have my fingers crossed.

1 Like

The replacement power supply came with this wiring diagram.

My question is the k+ on my old power supply = the “H” on the new one? Everything else is seems to be the same?

Thanks,

I have the power supply installed. Powered it up and the green light came on. Pushed the test fire button on the power supply and the laser fired. However, when I try to test fire from the digital control panel, it does not fire. Check on PS by grounding the L and it did not fire. The P-G have been cross wired. When I change the output values on the Digital Control the volts also change on the power supply. Is it time to replace the control panel or are there other tests to run?
Thanks,