Watch: How you can use a variety of material properties to be printed in

Watch: How you can use a variety of material properties to be printed in a single build allowing hard and soft materials to be incorporated within a design. @Materialise

What applications do you think it would be good for?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2kLEG_RBRw

This is amazing! But where can we buy it? How much does it cost? Is it available at all?

@Materialise is the company behind this material. Get in touch with them.

This is probably not a material for filament-based hobby printers, but a resin for the high-end Objet printers.
Still pretty impressive, though!

@Thomas_Sanladerer actually, it says it’s for laser sintering. I didn’t realize that plastic could be sintered, and I find it surprising that it would be flexible after exposure to the high temperatures necessary for sintering.

@Mark_Pictor you’re right, laser sintering is also also a common 3D-printing method, albeit usually associated with printed metal parts. Polymers can be sintered just as well since the laser’s power output can be tuned down to melt, but not scorch the plastic.

So I guess I can’t use it with my Makerbot Replicator 2 then?

It looks awesome!!

Gimme gimme gimme

I saw on youtube that someone is printing with (grass)trimmer line. It also stayed flexible/rubbery.

And it should be 3mm in diameter!

@Mano_Biletsky_Open_M Trimmer line is a bad idea for various reasons - taulman has accumulated a nice list of them.