In the palm smacking forehead department.
My K40 laser was acting up by having its controller rebooting periodically. I rebrained it with an MKS sbase v1.3 controller(running Smoothieware) and removed the 24V load from the laser PS using a Chinese 24V 5A PS. It’s been working just fine for a couple of years until about a week ago.
Checked all the wires and connectors and even fixed some suspect ones but still it would move and run perfectly fine without the laser firing but 90% of the time when the laser would fire it would stop and I’d see the controller display rebooting and I’d have to reconnect Lightburn.
I only saw 20.6VDC on the output of the PS and couldn’t adjust it any higher so I thought that was somehow dropping out. I had a 2nd 24V5A PS as I purchased 2 at the time of the upgrade and pulled the 2nd one out and was ready to swap it with the one acting up. Then I saw the sticker on the top saying 220 — 110. Sure enough, when I looked inside the cover cage I would just see the switch was set to 220VAC. AND SO WAS THE ONE IN THE LASER CUTTER. I turned the Vadj down a little, switched to 110VAC and then used Vadj to get 24.15VDC. No problems since then and I have no idea why I did not check that switch position when I did the upgrade other than ordering it for 110VAC usage so must have figured it was ok.