Vigotec vg-l7

Hi complete newbie to lasers, just wanted some advice. My kids bought me this laser for Xmas, I have after some research constructed an enclosure with an extractor fan for safety. Some issues I have come across, when I run it the laser barely marks the material even when I turn up the power but it does do it perfectly, when I press the button next to the weak light button it burns well but the laser does not break between so I am left with extra marks on the wood, am I a complete idiot?
I can’t work out what I am doing wrong. and secondly I want to try Lightburn and there is an option to flash the firmware to standard which allows you to this but it is in the form of a .HEX file and mime keeps coming up with Photoshop as the preferred software and frankly cannot afford their prices how do I get around these problems?
Sorry to be a pain but there is not a lot about these lasers on line and Vigotec offer no customer support at all, any help will be gratefully received.

Very good decision! :smiling_face:

Photoshop is definitely not the right tool. I think you want the Flash Download Tools from Expressif.

At least with the new firmware, you should be able to choose “laser mode” and that might help here.

2 Likes

mcdanlj
Thank you for the reply, I will have a go, don’t suppose you know the purpose of the button next to the weak light button? Just a shame Vigotec don’t provide customer support.

I don’t have one at all… Everything I know about any Vigotec laser has been from reading posts on this forum while moderating it. :open_mouth:

I just tagged this post vigotec — Try looking through other posts with that tag to see what others have posted about vigotec lasers.

2 Likes