Vigotec VG-L7 (BX20)

Hello, i bought Vigotec VG-L7 recently and now the Weak Light is not working anymore but the laser is still working but i cannot use it since it is hard to position the image without the Weak Light. Please help me to resolve the problem. Thank you

Hola, hace una semana que tengo una Vigoterc vg-l7 y mi pregunta es como debo hacer para hacer grabados en tarjetas de aluminio.

Gracias y saludos!!!

Hello, I just received my vigotec but I am in trouble with the software. I would like to run the laser with lightburn, you said it is possible. Can you please tell me how I have to do it? Thank you

Sorry to e-mail you directly but, I could not find where on the forum to start a new topic and you seem well educated on the lasers. My question is; with the vigotec BX20 laser, how can I make some areas of a picture Shaded instead of the same darkness and same burn depth as the main image? For example, a picture of Jesus. I want a well defined face but, shading on the vheeks

That was supposed to say cheeks and I somehow sent the msg while trying to back space. Can you advise me, please? Thanks and God Bless!

Click on the :pencil2: pencil icon below your message to edit it.

To post a new topic in this category, you can click on ā€œMade in China Lasersā€ in the header, and then click on ā€œ+ New Topicā€ at the upper right.

Help me please! I got this machine and messed up the firmware. I set the X-axis travel resolution in steps per millimeter parameter in the LaserGRBL program. and Y-axis travel resolution in steps per millimeter. Not the right one. What are the factory parameters?

Iā€™d like to repeat something I said before:

3 Likes

Thanks, Michael.

1 Like

Hello Kath;
I donā€™t know if you are still having trouble with DXF files or not. I have been able to import simple DXF files. I have the same trouble with larger files.
I use Qcad to manipulate the source DXF file to isolate only the element that I want to cut with the laser. I create a number of smaller DFX files, one for each printable area. I made sure that my DXF file was converted to mm dimensions before I created the small DXF file for import into the VG L7X software. So far, I have had good luck importing the small DXF files. If I am careful with the dimensions, staying in mm, the files import at exactly the same scale as the source DXF file and I can cut the parts to scale.

2 Likes

Hi, Angelica,
Did you get a solution to your problem?
The instructions on my VG-L7 engraver says the weak light is NOT controlled by the computer screen. If you look at the top of the laser you will see two buttons. By that, I mean right on top of the unit that is emitting the light. With the cradle facing to your left, the button on the left will turn your weak light on and off. You can turn the weak light on to try to get the smallest dot possible for good focus but, remember to turn it back off before you try to actually engrave.
I hope this helps! Iā€™m having issues with my VG-L7 laser also and know how frustrating it is if you canā€™t find answers.
God Bless! Bob

1 Like

DID you ever receive and answer as to how you can get your L7 to run with Lightburn? I canā€™t either.

I found this while searching. It looks like you will need to swap main controller boards if you want 100% LB compatibility.

1 Like

Finally figured my L7 out I think. Opened the ā€œRead Thisā€ note in the software and it says to use the basic firmware when you want to use other software. I naturally installed the latest when I set mine up.SO. I went back and installed the ā€˜basicā€™ and low and behold LB is running. So here is the ā€˜noteā€™ and good luck to you all!
**4.If you have other control software and want to use it, please upload the standard grbl firmware named ā€˜Standard_Grbl_1.1f.hexā€™. Or if you have the appropriative firmware just for the control software, upload it ! If you want to use other engraving machine control softwares, please update the firmware of engraving machine motherboard to general firmware. **

2 Likes

Hi Mark Fargotstein
I see you have Vigo L7s, my kids got me one as a present, after making an enclosure for it, I ran into some snags, one of which I have sorted so I can now use Lightburn. Before that I need to use their own software and this is the problem, I focus with the weak light then turn it off and try burning a pic from the gallery ie transformers logo, after turning the laser on hit start (outline) and it all tracks perfectly but the laser doesnā€™t burn anything, I turn up the power and you can barely see it. I then tried pressing the button next to the weak light, great laser on, burnt hole at start point, hit start button great burns the image but burns track lines as it moves between each part of the image. I know I am not doing something wrong or a setting is wrong but being a complete noob at this I just need some advice to put me right then I can practice til I get it right. I have searched online for answers but nothing covers this. Thank you in advance.

Sorry I cannot help you as I have had my L7 at least 6 months and have not been able to get it working. I have a 3d printer rather 2 and can check and alter the firmware but I can not get the firmware uploaded on this machine. I would like to know if you just connected everything together switched on Pc connected Printer cable and uploaded the driver and firmware straight foreward with no problems, I can open the interface and at the top left I can seen in green print firmware 2,2 etc does this mean that firmware is loaded to the L7 or just to the interface as nothing moves, x or y axis see attachment if there is a place to upload.

Hi, I have this laser model and works just fine with lightburn. You just have to upload general firmware provided by vigotec with the Xloader also provided. Read the .txt file that comes with the original software, its all there.

3 Likes

@LuA_Knives welcome to Maker Forums! Since this question has been asked a lot, do you mind sharing a link to the general firmware provided by vigotec? I suspect it would help a lot of people.

Sure, no problem. Ill explain step by step.
Open www.vigotec.cn
Download file VG-L7 laser engraver
Open file and extract all
(Read the ā€œReadMe importantā€ file, it has all explaind).
Open "driver_and_upload_tools file.
Open ā€œXloaderā€ file
On ā€œHex fileā€ open ā€œStandard_Grbl_v1.1f.hexā€ file
On ā€œdeviceā€ select ā€œUnoā€¦ā€
Select the port you have
And ā€œbaud rateā€ must have ā€œ115200ā€
Upload!!!
Takes some time. When uploaded it must be ready to use any laser software (except the original vigotec).
Thatā€™s it my friends, hope to have helped in any way. Sorry for my english, im portuguese. Any doubt just reach me by DM me on my instagram @LuA_Knives
Regards, JosƩ Silva

3 Likes

Bonusā€¦
With a small and easy hack it engraves metal!!!

2 Likes