VGL7X firmware issue and suitable replacment board

Hi, after unsuccessfully trying to install the laser grbl firmware on my Vigotech L7X, aparently it only works on L7 and nor L7X WiFi, I have decided to look into replacing the control board. Can anyonr reccomend a suitable replacment? Preferably from a UK supplier?
Many thanks in advance…

Have you tried this???
Looks like you have to bypass the wifi.

Hi, many thanks. Looks doable but unfortunately I am a bit shaky due to old age setting in, and although I am reasonably competent at soldering I do not feel confident tackling something so small…

I have the same problem and I get by with a pair of tweezers and

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers, I can order one of those on UK Amazon. I haven’t done so far as I’m not sure of the quality…

I have been happy with mine … I have two of them :slight_smile:

:slightly_smiling_face: great stuff! :slightly_smiling_face:

I updated the software and now use my vigotech using procedures here: Vigotech-VG-L7X/CustomFirmware-VG-L7x at main · arkypita/Vigotech-VG-L7X · GitHub
Now I can use any of the standard laser software (I now use LightBurn)

2 Likes

After several hours of trying, the Custom Firmware did not work for me. The writer of LaserGRBL has added support for the LX7… I have to say that I found the LaserGRBL software relatively hard to use and unstable with the LX7… I don’t know about any other software like LightBurn etc.

My main gripe with VigoWorks at the moment is that I can’t get it to read DXF and G-Code, and so laser cutting is a complex procedure of converting SVG or DXF files into JPG…

Does anyone know if that has been resolved?

If it has, I would not bother with any other software… Vigoworks is kind of ugly but quite functional and straight forward… I would rather be etching and cutting than fiddling.- Anyway that’s my opinion…

Since the hardware and software for the LX-7 is not open source (no schematic or code) I decided to eventually replace it with a Mini-GRBL.
If interested stay tuned as I will share the build details.

1 Like