US Source for Rosahl electronic dehumidifiers?

Does anyone have a US-based source for these parts? I’d love to do a better job of keeping filament dry. These look interesting. But cross-the-ocean shipping for onesies is often discouraging.

1 Like

Not sure which one you are referring to but here is a quick Amazon Search

Sorry, no. This is a very different design from anything on Amazon. It’s a very specific part. It basically actively moves humidity from one side to the other, and so would be installed in the side of a dry box and then you would never need chemical drying agents or silica gel.

Not Rosahl. But they do have membraine dehumidifers. Permselect located in Michigan

Thanks! It looks like those are gas-driven, either positive gas supply or vacuum, whereas Rosahl have electrically-driven membrane dehumidifiers. Electric membrane dehumidifiers seem to me probably a better choice for a hobbyist.

[Edit: fixed the topic description to be clearer…]

That’s actually a pretty nifty bit of tech. They are using electrolysis to break down the water and transporting the resulting hydrogen ions across the membrane, sort of like a fuel cell, and then reducing the H+ ions back to water with atmospheric O2.

2 Likes

@mcdanlj -
Did you continue this exploration / project? I’m looking to build a dry cabinet of my own for my filament. I’m printing more HTPET, and it’s time and energy intensive to periodically dehydrate it in the dehydrator. A few friends purchased cyclically recharged dryboxes, but I too am interested in building out a Rosahl membrane box. Curious if you ever found a US source for the membrane. Thanks!

I never did. I just recently purchased and have not yet deployed molecular sieve dessicant to replace silica gel, at least as an experiment.

I wish I had, though!

1 Like

Well, now I know how much it would cost. Now that I have 8 storage dry boxes, that would be over $1K!

1 Like

As an aside; I get my silica gel from the pet supplies store.
It’s sold as a absorbent kitty litter at good prices, my cats hate it, ymmv.I use a very fine linen bag for it since the (silica!) dust is an issue with the big bulk bags sold for this.