Upgrading k40 to 60w tube

The green wire connection to the lid switch makes sense. Where does the other side of that switch connect to?

The brown wire going to the power switch doesn’t yet make sense.
Which rocker switch on the panel is it connected to the Green or the Red. Where does the other side of the same switch connect to.

I don’t know where that power supply info came from? You need both 5V and 24V to power the Nano.
The one that I linked you to is:
https://kit.co/donkjr/k40-electronics-repair-upgrade-parts/5-12-24-upgrade-dc-s

Thanks for checking the wiring diagram. I almost have everything I need to create a wiring diagram.

Hi
The left side of the lid switch ( yellow wire) transitions to a brown wire which then goes to the power switch(red)

So its wired like this?

To what is the Green switch wired?

BTW: these two switches are not on the panel I have that is why I am asking.

The green wire is connect to G and the Lid switch

So this switch is a LASER Power switch … uggh!

1 Like

How is the green switch wired?

Did you decide which DC supply that you are going to use?

Hi
I’ll check how the switch is wired when I’m home, at work atm and this is the psu.

Thanks can you link me to that amazon product so I can see the specs.

Here. If that’s not the right one would you be able to send me a direct link to the psu on Amazon, kit.Co not really working.

The DC supply you linked me to looks like it will work fine.
BTW I assume you are connecting to 220V mains?

The link I gave you was not kit.co?

This is the correct link and works for me? Note that there is an amazon link in the drop down.

Okay thanks :slight_smile: I’ll order that tonight. Also the green switch is for a light, 2 wires go to AC,AC -and the other 2 to the plug which goes into the light.

Ok I will try and finish the diagram tomorrow.

@Luxxerio here is my first shot at this.
Before you wire anything please careful scrutinize and let me know if anything looks wierd or needs explanation.
Once we have reviewed it we should discuss how to wire and test this incrementally.

To all other members:
I have been staring at this all morning so please give it a look and find errors.

Does anyone have a schematic of the Nano? Alternately does anyone know what circuit drives the LO output to the LPS?

@Luxxerio what is the status on this project?

@donkjr
Hi
Waiting on the new psu to arrive.
Amazon sais it will be here by tuesday.
Thanks

1 Like