Update to how to export your G+ Site and what to do with the

Update to how to export your G+ Site and what to do with the data.

The newest version of Google+ Exporter is now available with blogger and WordPress export options.

Here is what it looks like on blogger which is also a Google (Alphabet) property.

https://everythinglasersdotcom.blogspot.com/

Here it is on WordPress

Examples of what other exports look like;

https://blog.friendsplus.me/export-google-plus-feeds-45926c925891

You can find the latest version of Google+ Exporter here;

https://gplus-exporter.friendsplus.me/

Did I miss an announcement of this site’s move? Is someone moving it over to Blogger (or a WP site)? I have tons of links for stuff folks have done here and keep an eye on what Don’s doing even though I’ve retired my K40.

G+ is closing down in April and these are ways to backup your data.

I was hoping Stephanie or someone might be moving it altogether. I know there was some talk of that early on right after the announcement but haven’t really seen much since. It seems a shame to let it disappear. I’ve learned a lot here over the past 5 years or so.

Looks like you can export your posts but not all of the posts - the community owner needs to be the one who does that. Otherwise everyone else’s posts don’t come down. We need Stephanie to do it (I think she’s the owner still).

No hurry, Google still offer the best exposure for the next 3 months and we need to be ready by April.
but it’s not only about our community, I still think a larger Maker movement including a k40 group is the best way to go. using the same platform and be able to go from one communities to an others with the same indentifier/pwd would be the best.
(3D print, CNC, K40, OX, Smoothieware, Softwares, …)

I would give a special thank @HalfNormal , for his posts. if the previous option doesn’t materialised, I would be happy to try this solution and maybe hand over the communities keys. (it’s also possible that G+ stay online, not able to post anymore, but all the knowledges and links would be still be alive).

@HalfNormal I tried exporting

• G+ Profile ; and it looks like it gave me all my posts on all communities.

K40 Laser Cutting Engraving Machine; this seemed to export everything on the community ?? Then I ran out of free … not sure I want to pay $20 yet.

Any Idea of how I just get my posts for the K40 community???Am I downloading everything cause I am a moderator??

Maybe downloading by the moderator is a way to save everything?

Moderator downloads and then creates a mirror blogger site?

@donkjr I also did try, too big for free (usd 19.99), then as far I understand it will be hosting fee for the wordpress site. Well better to wait near this limit date to get all. I will keep it as a backup, if G+ goes dark (but I rather think Google will lock out new entry and keep the all thing online). then we will reconsider hosting need.

alternatively what about Reddit ? already a lot of lasercuting there.

@StephaneBUISSON blogger is free.