@Walter_Hsiao on these printers initial traming and break-in are critical. So it may have just been minor variations of the assembly of the gantry between your parts and mine, and no real difference in the functionality of the part. I had my printer acting up when I first built it, took it apart, then reassembled and it worked perfectly using the exact same parts.
That’s why my statement to people during the X/Y gantry assembly is always… WHEN IT’S RIGHT YOU WILL KNOW. It’s like the definition of pornography. Its hard to put into words and pin it down… but you’ll know it when you see it
@Eclsnowman Yeah, I think the graphite bushings are particularly challenging. On the other hand, they let you know when things are even slightly out of alignment which is useful when adjusting the gantry. I brought my printer to the tech shop yesterday and transporting it changed the alignment enough that it needed a bit of adjustment when it came back. I’ll probably try switching the extruder to self aligning bushings next time I print one.
Just to be clear and as I think I was unprecise in what I said: I’m still using the graphite bushings on the XY tensioners. I did modify the default pieces to take them (pushed the whole through at the outer diameter of the self aligning bushings (think it’s 15.9mm or something around that). then I reamed the holes a bit to be perfect and to fit the sleeves I printed in Filaflex. The sleeves are around 0,7mm in wall thickness (so rather thick) and they give everything a tight fit. Currently I’m still using the smaller bushings in the carriage but I may switch back to the graphite ones there too as I found out that they haven’t been the problem.