Unfortunately it looks like I need to let my Printrbot go.

Unfortunately it looks like I need to let my Printrbot go. This is a Simple Metal with heated bed. The printer does have a couple issues:

1. the printer doesn’t want to level right. Brook suggested it is part of the frame not perfectly straight. I have just lost the drive to mess with it.

2. a couple holes here and there don’t have super great threading. I know one hole on the z motor is stripped but it still works fine.

3. because this has seen some wear, some of the bearings could be smoother.

The printrboard is pretty much brand new, and it had an upgraded hotbed and extruder (needs new extruder screw).

This needs some TLC but I think someone could get it up and running. What you see is what you get. I’m not trying to sugar coat anything here.

Asking $150 plus shipping. Continental US only.

Demmensions and what kind of filliment.

@Christian_Bruch it as a 150mm cube build area roughly, and shouldn’t have an issue doing PLA or ABS, although I only used PLA when I had it.

It will print any filament up to 270C. :wink:
Good luck!
Brook

Would buy if i could, thats a nice project to work on

Printbot is a rip off, buy i3 duplicator mini, same build volume, $179

James, a lighter touch would be more productive :wink: the whole vinegar, poison thing.
Brook
(Printrbot)

@James_Nelson I’ve seen prints off both and there is no comparison. Both printrbot’s I have used have been absolutely incredible. This one has seen some many hard hours and uses top quality components. Can’t say the same for the Duplicator.

I’m with Griffin on this in that my first printer was a Simple, but the Metals I’ve seen appeared to be good quality and well built. Always wanted one since they came out, but I just needed a much larger build space so rolled my own. FWIW, my experience with support was always top notch as well.

Would also recommend the printrbot over the i3 ripoff clone. Higher quality by far.