Tips for getting sharper/more square edges on prints??

Tips for getting sharper/more square edges on prints?? I feel like there is a slicer setting that I could change.

Belts are tight and no wobble in the frame.

Possibly up your XY Jerk settings to try and increase the movement speed in corners.

Change to sailfish and mightyboard to get sharper corners.rest all firmwares create rounded corners due to lack of advance pressure control

What firmware and printer?

Frankenbot, right? Marlin? I would do some backlash test prints, and also make sure your slicer isn’t rounding off corners on purpose. Definitely see some corner-cutting on faster inner perimeters in your other post.

What layer height / extrusion width are you using?

Yes and yes!! The first print I did with pretty much stock Cura settings had pretty sharp corners. I messed with a couple things and maybe I’ll just reset it to standard and see if it fixes it.

Is there a setting for rounding off corners??

Not real familiar with Cura, sorry.

Been using Cura and I don’t see any setting about round or sharp corner…

I know Slic3r has some experimental features to round corners to try to reduce corner blobbing, but they interfere with the motion planner in most firmwares, so they’re not usually used.

I think I know what is causing the problem. I still didn’t add the bearing spacer on the x axis and the bearing is sitting with an m3 screw in an m5 hole. I’ll add that and see how it helps… My fault. I forgot to put it on.

jerk and accel, use gcodes in the host changing it

@Step_Cia With Cura I have found that getting the extrusion multiplier exactly right is what gives nice sharp prints.

You could try enabling acceleration or using 50% slower on outer perimeters.

Loose bearings may not affect it since the belt tightness is what controls the change of directions- independent from sloppy bearings. I guess the slip needs to be in the same direction as the motion to have no affect.

Brook

wow, great. metal 3D Printing parts, right ??