This is where 3D printing is right now! I feel sorry for all 3D

@Brook_Drumm i guess the newest video does explain it - the i3 MK2 is an awesome machine overall, though still undeniably a RepRap at heart. For what i’m personally looking for in a 3D printer, it ticks all the right marks, but there are certainly applications where other designs make more sense!

@Tom_Savage flexible filaments are decidedly average, they do work, but not at insane speeds. Not worth mentioning :wink:

Very cool! I totally get you. If I didn’t have a 3DP company, I’d buy the Prusa :wink: Having to scale and serve customers who are looking for form and function has me on a different course.

Re: the new Simple. Are you up for an assembled and a kit to review? I really want you to see all new bits and bods in the design without having to disassemble the one we will put together. If so, you are welcome to run a contest or donate one to a local school. Both, if it’s not your cup of tea :wink:

We will be securing our open source badge from OSH soon, btw :wink:

The Printrhub has really been a cool addition to the project. I really think it will have a life of its own. We have some cool plans for it but you may enjoy checking it out. Our ultimate goal is to develop a way to talk to Marlin do our customers, or anyone, can run a stock Marlin board w/it. We haven’t done that yet and the community may beat us to it… But it goes far beyond what a typical led and scroll wheel offer. We will publish the firmware and instruction on our file system and the details on how the ESP8622 work w it. We already have OTA updates on both… Yep, a teensy w OTA… THAT was hard. We will have to hook you up with the German developer (Phillip) who did all of that- he’s awesome and lives in Germany.

Funny enough, we are working on future plans to use the trinamic chips too… Not sure when.

All my best
Brook

Great review even at speed, thank you.