This is what the beam looks like at 12% power...I've never noticed this before

After visiting the puri website and reading up on the tube specs that I purchased…the photo that I posted is supposed to look like that…from what I’ve read it’s designed that way for higher power output…I feel better knowing that now…lol

1st I’ve heard of it, but there’s a lot of new stuff out there.

My el cheapo stock k40 tube outputs a solid (although a tad lopsided) solid dot at a level just high enough to mark Scotch Blue (same as you use I think). That’s up close, with the tape on the 1st mirror)

Now I’m disappointed I don’t have the new trick “annular discharge power augmentation beam” on mine. (The Doughnut of Power)

Hey, if it cuts well, I wouldn’t care if the beam is panda shaped.

Scott

@Scott_Marshall …lol…my thoughts exactly…not sure that I fully understand why it would have more power but I’m far from a photonic expert…I never new that there were so many tube types that you could purchase either…while on vacation last night I was up until 4 am listening to the sweet sound of my wife snoring so I thought I would read up on the infamous donut mode…in a nutshell the experts say that regardless of mode type the style and quality of the lens in the most important thing.

Lol @ the doughnut of power!!