This is my first attempt on slate. Engrave on this material looks so good.

This is my first attempt on slate. Engrave on this material looks so good.

That looks really good. Is that natural slate or composite slate?

@Duncan_Caine didn’t know actually… I throwed the packaging… but in a round piece that I have it says it’s 100% natural slate. Think this was the same brand.

Nice design. Do you the graphic available for download somewehre?

@Roberto_Marquez the design is available in the K40 Facebook group

thanks!

That will be natural slate, it gives a fantastic finish and is even dishwasher safe. I do a lot of placemats and coasters in slate and in some you will find the engraving will actually come through with a gold tint.

Where do you get the slate?

@donkjr I purchased it on a local chinesse bazar.

@syknarf what is the exact name of the FB group. Thanks

@Rob_Mitchell1 Chinese k40 laser group

If you apply a spray gloss before engraving it can help the white of the engraving pop more

@Nigel_Conroy thanks, I will try it

+skynarf can you give another source for people like me without facebook or at least the link to the specific group? thx

@Sebastian_C Didn’t know of another source… this is the link to the group: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=888394261237059&ref=br_rs search on the files section for aztec wars

There are a lot of slate shingled roofs in my area. I should find some take off and try this!

I find used slate roofing tiles on Craigslist.

@syknarf May I ask if you vector, or raster engraved it? It looks fantastic! I use K40 Whisperer and often wonder if I should blue line a piece or black line :slight_smile:

@Andy_Shilling @Nedman note the “gold tint”…

@donkjr Doesn’t really look gold on my monitor. I accept that it was just a trick of the lighting. I was really surprised that you were able to get some gray scaling when you engraved that coaster. Something I’m going to play with myself.