This is almost enough to make me dig up a copy of Windows -

@Cliff_Bramlett - The Leap is a stereo camera designed for tracking fingers against a static background (the ceiling). Currently the Leap SDK does not provide any data except fingers. It is not a 3D camera like the kinect is.

@John_Schneider I’m using the Xbox kinect with Fusion without a problem.

@Daniel_Krouse if you have the skills to do that you don’t need to rob houses, you do it like a professional and become a consultant :wink:

@Shachar_Weis , excellent! Did you have to perform any workarounds to get it to work properly?

I picked up a Kinect while I was waiting for my reprap parts to arrive, I figured once I had the printer together I’d get the Kinect working as a 3d scanner…that was almost two years ago :slight_smile:

The results this link points to look better than what i’ve seen using the OSS tools that are avaliable, which is a bummer. I’d really like to use the kinect as a more integrated part of my 3d toolkit but Windows isn’t a part of my toolchain so it would be very hard to justify another box (or even a vm) just to make it work.

That said, if I get bored sometime I might give it a go :slight_smile:

@John_Schneider no workaround, I just installed the new SDK and plugged in the Xbox sensor.

I just got it working, so I can confirm that it does work with the Xbox 360 kinect

I remember when MickeySoft sent their layers to threaten someone who had hacked a Kinect for exactly that purpose, was it that long ago?

@Onyx_Ashanti , I got it working on my Xbox 360 Kinect as well. Are there any guidelines on how to get a good 3D scan? Kinect Fusion seems to be pretty light on documentation.

i sat in an office chair and swiveled slowly. I got a couple full upper torso scans but i think i need to increase the resloution.

also near-mode seems to only work in the older apps that are in the list.