This is a work in progress. If anyone wants to run with this I will provide a link to my Fusion 360 source files. The model timeline is a mess since it was try this, then that, then figuring out something I did near the beginning wasn’t going to work, etc.
I still need to do a bit of touch up and create a fan duct set for the Volcano. There is currently no way to fasten any wiring.
I tried to get this extruder to be the physically smallest it can be without compromising rigidity. Just a note, I haven’t printed this yet as I ran out of orange translucent filament.
Some key features: Uses the Robotdigg 8x12x30 Graphite/Bronze Self-Lubricating Bearings. Single bearing in the X and Y axes. Brass heat-set threaded inserts as there are no high torque screw settings. Uses the stock E3D 30 x 30 x 10 mm fan. Parts fans are 40 x 40 mm.
Of course this idea was stolen from the Chinese Ultimaker 2 extruder posted a few days ago and made to work with the Eustathios.