Thin Wood Supplier

For thin wood stock, including 1/8 (3mm) ply, I buy mine from Ocooch Hardwoods (http://ocoochhardwoods.com/). They are a great family owned business in WI, USA.

2 Likes

Have made several purchases from them. They are quick and reliable.

2 Likes

I’ve not purchased any hardwood yet but during my Google searches this company continues to have the best presence and website.

My question is which of these hardwoods have you all personally tried and can recommend. I’m somewhat intrigued by the exotics. Even their exotic sample pack. Do certain hardwoods take the laser better than others?

Alder is my go to for a lot of engraving. Cherry is also good. Maple, walnut, oak are fine as well but the contrast is lower if you aren’t using a darkening spray post engraving. The only one I recommend not using, if you are engraving, is ash as the spring and summer growth grain don’t laser evenly and it looks stripped.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Thought you might like that my click turned the counter to

Cheers :beers:

Sasquatch

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum! I was actually online the other night right after you joined and was like, hey we got a Sasquatch sighting :wink:

3 Likes

Hey Sas, good to see you here also :stuck_out_tongue: @NedMan Sas is quite active on the Lightburn forums also.

3 Likes

Thank you @Domm434 , @NedMan for your warm welcome.

My friend @HalfNormal turned me on to your forum and for that I am very grateful .

I am like a dry sponge I have learned a ton already.

Which reminds me of my favorite all time quote.

Cheers :beers:

Sasquatch

2 Likes

That is a lot like a saying my 7th grade teacher Mr. Bell said. (he was one of the teachers that made a huge difference in my life and so I fondly still remember him 46 years later!)

To quote Mr. Bell to the best of my recollection, “Someone knows something you you do not so that makes you ignorant on that subject. So if you keep in mind that you are always ignorant, that should keep you humble!”

4 Likes

No wonder we now get along we have more in common then a GlowForge dislike. :rofl:

So glad we had an exchange of view points in Lightburn Forum

3 Likes