Thickness capability for 40 laser

He is a fun and interesting man to listen to and it is great to see people who love their passions. Another in this category is “LaserRuss” from England also a gracious human being.
I think This old Tony finally, when the camera is off, uses his fine milling machine to smooth out the 0.001 angular error, otherwise he just squeezes a piece of newspaper in the right places and everything is fine.

Thanks for the link

2 Likes

8mm in two passes nothing thicker

thanks spiritburner- this more or less confirms what i thought.and that is that the machine should be able to cut 4 mm at one go. my machine was only able to cut 2.5 mm and it did that quite nicely. but my major rebuild is well advanced and i am hoping to be able to report my results in about a month. ( i am only able to spend about 2 hours a week on rebuild- hence the slow progress) But i have found many misalignments !! this is probably the most badly assembled machine i have ever bought !!

Got your numbers re-arranged… You have visible light lower in frequency than infra red. Co2 is in the 10 um range. Which is a longer wavelength or a lower frequency than a nm…

The low frequencies start at right and increase to the left…

:smiley_cat:

My numbers are right everywhere I see. I said that the wavelength is longer, and provided correct wavelengths. I did not specify visible light being in a lower frequency than infra red. Perhaps you have confused wavelength and frequency?

10,400nm is 10.4µm, and is a longer wavelength and a lower frequency than 700nm / 0.7 µm visible red light.

1 Like

Sorry, I thought I had replied to you as it was my mistake… Did a couple of major blunders in a few days there, don’t know what I was thinking…

Take care

:smiley_cat:

1 Like