There's a slight difference in size with these new APA102 2020 strips.

There’s a slight difference in size with these new APA102 2020 strips.

Those are the 2020 ones I think. The ones on the wider strip are 5050 ones.

@Ashley_M_Kirchner_No exactly. :slight_smile: haven’t seen any videos or even pictures of them except for the single picture on the manufacturers website.

I have a reel somewhere of those … just the LED, for SMD projects. Gotta get my crap sorted out.

@Ashley_M_Kirchner_No nice.

Thanks for the video. So wonderfully tiny!
Now I’m going to have to come up with a reasonablely good reason to get some. :stuck_out_tongue:

@marmil I thought people would like to see an actual comparison from someone who’s fairly active on the internet. As opposed to their ONE stock picture on the website. Haha

Cool, I’m about to order some of the 200 led/m ones…

@Jeremy_Spencer Nice! That’s what this strip is, 200. I bought three meters of each 100 and 200/Meter.

Where can you buy them?

@Kyle_Halvorson ​ and i thought the SK6812 on 3535 package were tiny but DANG! i have got to get me some of those. Where did you buy the strips from? And @Ashley_M_Kirchner_No ​ where did you buy the SMD chips from? I may need to start working with those. These 3535 LEDs are still too big for what i want to make.

I bought them directly through the manufacturer. Neon-world.com sent them an email and 20 minutes later I received an invoice. Kinda weird… But they take payment though Western Union, payment went through and two days later I received the LEDs. :slight_smile: super fast shipping.

Neon-world holds the patent for the APA102 chips. :joy:

Lol yeah thats is weird i had to do the same for the MSGEQ7 chips. It would be nice if you could pay online through the website. But thanx man. I may buy a few i have a board that i want to make but it needs to be small. As it is right now it would be about 4" X 4" in size and i would prefer if it was at the most 2" X 2" in size

@Cristian_Martinez nice! If you’re looking for just the bare LEDs, they’re available on eBay and aliexpress.

Yeah adafruit has them for $5.95 for 10

@Cristian_Martinez yeah that’s insanely expensive…

Very! For just bare chips. Not to mention you gotta pay S&H

https://m.alibaba.com/apa102-2020-smd-led-suppliers.html

And these work with FastLED right?