The brand new Printrbot Play is here to replace the Simple Maker's Kit for

The brand new Printrbot Play is here to replace the Simple Maker’s Kit for good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmjJh31op6g

You are awesome. I just had someone ask what printer should I get if I want to learn 3d printing. I think this may be the one to learn from. Waiting with baited breath for the review.

There’s a lot to like about many aspects of that design.

I would figure the smaller size would make it more ideal for the edu market, not less. Would have been nicer if it was bigger, but they do offer bigger models.

@Nathan_Walkner what printers do you have that have large build plate?

OK, that’s different, I figured the small ones would be perfect if students would watch the machines. Making the adult do that seems to defeat the purpose of it being an educational machine. Printrbot offers several different sizes, so complaining about the smallest one being too small for a given use seems odd when one can go up a size or two.

@Nathan_Walkner ​ In my opinien the printing process should be done by the students too: Design, print, alter or optimize design, print, test function and so on…

But within 30 minutes, you’re right, thats impossible. Then make sure the timetable is going to change. :wink:

I’d rather have a bunch of Plays in my classroom than one printer with a large printarea.

Great work! , thanks

How’s YOUR 3D printer coming along Tom?