The 2.1 branch now has what appears to be full support for the teensy

The 2.1 branch now has what appears to be full support for the teensy 3.1 - but there’s still enough flux gong on that i’m not going to package up releases though. If you’re feeling brave and don’t mind pulling a tree right from github, though - you can check it out here - https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED/tree/FastLED2.1 (and there’s a zip download link here - https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED/archive/FastLED2.1.zip - just remember that you’ll need to move/rename the folder to FastLED and put it in your Arduino/libraries folder!)

(Also, no, this has nothing to do with the moon, other than coming out of work that I did to get things running on the moon for the teensy 3.1 :slight_smile:

In case you didn’t see this already, I ran into this post that claims to take advantage of undocumented timing anomalies to drive WS2812s on an AVR at 4mhz.

Yup! I’m doing something very similar in the attiny version of the code - though I play some different tricks to account for the different clock speeds of different led chipsets and MCUs, so what I have is a bit more genericized.

I’m unlikely to support 4Mhz though, mostly because I am using the extra space (yes! It’s in there) to implement the 0-overhead non-destructive brightness scaling.

And when the moon comes up - well, let’s just say that I managed to fit even more in there :wink:

Oh I never expected 4Mhz support. The timing info was what I found really interesting.

Just wanted to say thanks for V2.1. Just bought a Teensy 3.1 for driving my WS2812b Ambilight project. Only run up a few demos but all is good so far. Only thing I found was having to set the RGB sequence to GRB for the strip. I found this strange as using the Polu library on my Due I was under the impression that the strip was RGB anyway!

Some libraries may have already encoded the differing rgb order for a single chipset - we have to allow people to specify the ordering because of the number of chipsets we support, not to mention the fact that some people may wire up chips to LEDs themselves.