Test rig! Can you identify every piece?

Test rig! Can you identify every piece? :slight_smile:

Lego … I should put some in there, shouldn’t I?

Maybe some 3D printed legos with a good connecting architecture instead of the breadboard…

Nah, it’s a test rig that gets ripped apart and reassembled every so often, and eventually might go away all together. Breadboard works just peachy.

@Peter_Spriet

LOL- Spaghetti? Hmmm… accelerometer, data logger, memory card slot and card, arduino (i can’t tell but it looks like a 328), couple resistors, caps, switches, leds, miles of cable, micro USB cable. What I don’t get is what do you have soldered on the SOIC-20 board?

By the way, before you spend a whole lot of time learning what the TXS is, it was originally meant for I2C communications between the uC and the sensor, however for some unknown reason, the sensor locks up randomly when using I2C. I maintain that it’s the way SFE designed the breakout because there’s at least one other issue with it that no one can solve. Switching to SPI solved any and all lockup problems. The thing’s been running for hours now, non-stop, no issues what so ever. I think in the final design I’m going to replace the HEX buffer on the uSD card reader and use a TXS four channel instead. All signals except for CS are tied together anyway.

@Ashley_M_Kirchner_No I had a guess that it was some sort of shift leveler but I just couldn’t figure it out. And I have a sample of the TXS0104 somewhere on my mess I call a desk.

You could probably get away with a regular HC4050 as well, like Adafruit’s uSD card reader does. I copied their design on my controller, but I think I’m going to swap it out for a TXS. It can transition a lot faster than the HC. We’re talking single digits nsecs transitions versus triple digits on the HC. It’s all about speed. :slight_smile:

I’d love to see a video of you Spinning that @Ashley_M_Kirchner_No :slight_smile:

I have actually done that. Taped the whole thing to a stick …

Lol, quality.

It was before I did the first run of test boards and was still writing code and figuring out hardware placement and pins and what not. Before this mess, I was using a regular Arduino with a standard 48 pixel strip hanging on the wall and I’d rotate the camera very fast. Then came this … Ah the progress made.

Lol, I’d also like to see a video of that.