Temperature monitoring is partially lost during M190/M109

When you execute “set temp and wait” (109/190/191), during heat up smoothie reports temperature only for selected tool.

If following startup gcode is executed:

M104 S225
M140 S120
G28
M109 S225
M190 S120

(I have really fast bed heater, this code cuts time needed for heat up in half)

State of bed heater won’t be known to monitoring software until hotend is ready. And it would be really nice to know all the time what is going on with them. Reporting temperatures for all tools/bed/chamber in case of heat&wait commands seems more sensible to me.

Additionally M105 is processed in-order with movements, so if there is really long/slow movement - monitoring software won’t have have state of the heaters neither.

Imported from wikidot

Or nevermind. Made TemperatureControlPool a module and moved temperature reporting there. Now all temperatures are reported during heat up.

Sorry for resurrecting an old post, but would you mind sharing your config? I am looking to do this exact same thing and I’m not exactly sure what you’re talking about :slight_smile: thanks in advance!

All the “_SW” user names were imported from the old smoothie forum and no email addresses were available for the import, so @Sareph_SW won’t be notified of your question. Sorry…