Switched from PLA to ABS and came out with this! 3rd print I’ve ever

No, no! You use the sandpaper to scratch the glass surface. OK to be aggressive with it.

@Noel_Kuck ah! I understand. I misunderstood. I thought he was PRINTING onto the sandpaper. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry for not being clear.

@Noel_Kuck right now I’m using an aluminum bed with blue painters tape. Seems to be doing the trick for now with a wide brim.

@Daniel_Jackman are you playing with the bed temp after the first few layers?

@Jeff_Parish Actually no. I’m leaving it at 100 the whole time. I’ve heard that reducing the temperature may result in warping on the bottom, so I’ve tried to simply add a big brim and a fair amount of surface area where the print meets the bed.

The bracket looks good, but I would not use it. Look up ABS on-line, it gave car manufacturers big troubles due to it breaking down in sun light! It may be ok if you spray it before fitting. Oddly, PLA would be better for this purpose.

@Trevor_Moseley since it’s in the engine bay, I’m not expecting it to have a lot of UV exposure. I was more worried about the heat, which is why I went with ABS rather than PLA (since ABS has a higher glass transition temp than PLA). I know I could have used something more heat resistant, like Nylon, but I’m not familiar with any other mediums at this point.

True, though it’s mounted to carb, so there should not be that much heat. Cars are tricky environments, original was probably aluminium, whether PLA or ABS, I think I’d spray it with to give it extra protection.