Stupid karma settings

FKN HATE WIKIDOT FORUMS!!!

I just created a 900-word tutorial, complete with pictures, code, etc.

I went to save it - can’t save it as my FKN karma level is at zero and that means you can’t post links… of course, the only links were the extensive links to the images I just spent an hour photographing, editing, annotating. Not only that, but you can’t save a draft…

So, my morning spent contributing to the common good is wasted.

FKN HATE WIKIDOT FORUMS!!!

Maybe think about changing what constitutes a link - only allowing URL-based images and then treating that URL as a link is a POS, IMHO.

Imported from wikidot

Hey.

Yeah looks like your account is young so you have low karma.

After you post a few more messages you should be allowed to post anything you want.

I know this is a bit rude, but it’s the only good option Wikidot offers to fight against spam …

Instead of posting on the forum, you really should post the tutorial to the wiki !

For example here

Can’t wait to see your tutorial.

Cheers !

Thanks Arthur.

I can understand not being allowed to post links, but posting url-based pics is the only option we have - treating a pic as a URL is, frankly, stupid.

I don’t think Wikidot have thought it through.

Anyway, enough bitching - wiki page made: - i would post a link to it but the FKN forum won’t let me :slight_smile:

I know this is an old thread, but I just lost hours of work for the exact same reason (embedded images), and because I was dumb enough to click away to try and figure out what the hell Karma was. No drafts, no copies… and I wrote it in the window itself because I trusted Wikidot like a fool.

I know it doesn’t help you, but I want you to know I feel your pain and came across your post while trying to figure out what the hell to do.

I ran into this problem trying to ask a question today myself