Still some settings to tweak for 618, but look at that bridging...

Still some settings to tweak for 618, but look at that bridging…

Nice! Please post your settings once you are happy with them

That is awesome. I don’t have enough experience with materials to know how unique that is, but it’s my understanding that there’s no good way to get PLA or ABS to do that; true?

Superb, one layer for the top layer and so consistant, well done.

Very nice, I 2nd the posting of your settings! Would be great as a starting point for others starting out with Nylon. I guess your finding it sticks fine to Kapton from your video?

Nice - I still haven’t had time to try mine yet (had it in hand for a couple months). Post your settings! I like the fact that this stuff is machinable after you print it…opens a whole lot of possibilities.

Garolite LE build platform?

This was printed with my unmodified ABS settings on a heated kapton surface. The Nylon sticks pretty well to the kapton, but its warping pulls the kapton up off the glass. I also tried PET, and it did not stick at all. I’m hoping to find a way to get it to print on the same surfaces I use for ABS/PLA so that I don’t have to change surfaces and readjust my Z endstop when changing materials.

The perfectly flat bridge (32mm across at the widest, in this case) was really impressive, but what’s even more impressive and certainly unique in my experience was that the first layer of the bridge was water-tight. The threads bonded perfectly to the ones already laid down next to them.

Thats a big difference between a Nylon co-polemer and ABS. I can’t wait to give this a whirl. I’m wondering how much it’s going to “slip” in my ToM MK7 extruder.

Does the nylon give off the same kind of fumes as ABS? Given that it works so well with your ABS settings, I assume it has a similar packing ratio? (If I remember the term packing ratio correctly --I print with PLA most of the time…)