Stef Weicks hello Apparently we exceed th elenght of you discussion thread :) How

@Stef_Weicks that’s maybe because when asking for the status there is a ping which is done and if your router is slow that provoque issues.
In any case so much better

ok now after 8 minutes i got a few short flashes on one pin

@Stef_Weicks regarding blynk.
I have tried everything and I can’t make it work with my iPhone. It’s not the code on the arduino neither my phone ‘cause I can simulate blynk with a home made iPhone app and the iPhone ‘sees’ the esp and the esp respond. The blynk app doesn’t work even try to connect.
I am running ios12 développer version on my iPhone I wonder if it could be linked. I will try with someone else phone.

so now i tried with FastLED.show(); and my feeling is that there are absolute … cannt really say … but i would say its better than with the FastLED.showESP32(); version … no flashes till now running a few minutes.

ok i think i know what you mean… i had similar problems with the connection of my phone … i heard the problem is more on the apple side … i tired it with android there it works always …

i tried the BLE Scanner on iphone and could connect the ESP and than i tried the nRF Toolbox app and i could also connect and change values on the esp.

so if you have done the blynk>bluetooth_boards->ESP32_BLE example and wrote the correct char auth[] = “YourAuthToken”; they sent you … and you also did the Ble widget on the blynk-working-surface. you should be able to connect.

for me the connection only works if i press the upper right start stop button or i do the upper left butten once or a few times… but than i got a connection … i am on ios 11.2.5

maybe because of the update it cant connect

@Stef_Weicks for the sd fastled.show() is fine but for the artnet WiFi normally fastledshowesp322() (with 2 2) should be better well regarding that you have 16universes and only 512 pixels per pins maybe not running in parallel on the second core is ok.
Regarding Blynk
I have tried that, read forums and stuff
Even added serial debug in the Blynk library.
It is reallly that the app on my iPhone does not see the ble service.
I had that already with one of my program. So I will try with another phone or an Android (if I find one)

i understand! With this "small"project its working ok but if i get more panels i will definitely try more pixels :slight_smile: Maybe anytime I would also build such a great pixelscreen as yours.

That is really crazy that bluetooth makes such problems here … until a few months ago such problems where also on older ios versions.
People who can´t write there own apps, blynk is a good alternative because you can fast edit something without spending to much time
in programming-stuff.
have you already tried it with another phone?

@Stef_Weicks hello
I am in Torino for work since yesterday until tonight visiting DMA (maybe you know them) so no chance to play with blynk. I will look at that this week end

no problem … this project don´t have to be ready too fast :wink:
ah i heard about … are you involved at there software program or is it for learning?

@Stef_Weicks i am gonna present how we can enhance their software suite

i see …i think programming is your life! and on linkedIn i saw you did a lot of jobs in programming …so you will never be unemployed at this time :smiley:

@Stef_Weicks i do not program anymore for work purpose. I do it only for pleasure. I am more in the managent part of it now. But yes everything I did was deeply linked with IT.

@Yves_BAZIN today i tried something to get it to work with blynk again… and the whole code did like i want it … but … blynk need some time to connect, otherwise there wont be a conenction to the blynk-server.

so i did this: Blynk.connect(800); in the loop as you can see in my code.
if i am going under 500 ms it wont connect. and the bad thing about this is … if no wifi is available … the clock/animation will shutter … because … it would connect in the loop() with the 800ms :confused:
do you think this is enhance able?

@Stef_Weicks I need to have a look at your code and test it I will let u know

ok … thank you!
in the meantime i did something like this … which should work theoretically :

if((WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED)) ||(!Blynk.connected()))
{Blynk.disconnect();
}
if((WiFi.status() == WL_CONNECTED)&&(!Blynk.connected())){
Blynk.config(auth);
Blynk.connect();
}

if((WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED)&&(WiFi.SSID() == “Weix”)){

WiFi.begin("Weix", "1234");
while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) {
  Serial.println(WiFi.status());
    delay(500);
    Serial.print(".");
}
Serial.println(WiFi.localIP());
Blynk.config(auth);
Blynk.connect();
}

if(Blynk.connected()){
Blynk.run();
RTCtime();
}

with WiFi.SSID() == “Weix” i could say that the controller should only connect if a ssid with my name is available. what is the command what I’ve been looking for so long :smiley:

the problem here is, if i switch on the datatransfer in jinx the whole thing stucks in wifiartnet and also in the sd-part? if i switch off datatransfer, the program stopped blynk and the artnetwifi after a few seconds … thtan i switched off the datatransfer in jinx, blynk connects again and i can setup … but all is very lazy…

@Stef_Weicks with all these tests that is normal
Do this add at the beginning
bool wificonnected=WiFi.status();
And do your tests with the wificonnected variable it should be faster
Because calling WiFi.status() takes time according to me.
Let me know

i tried it in the loop and above setup… i don´t know why, but now it doesn´t connect to blynk… and wifi is also very funny?!

@Stef_Weicks strange can I see the code ?

i tried it now with this code:

if(Blynk.connected()){
Blynk.run();
RTCtime();
}
else{
if(WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED){
Blynk.disconnect();
}
if((WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED)&&(WiFi.SSID() == “Weix”)){

WiFi.begin("Weix", "asdf1234!");

while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) {
  Serial.println(WiFi.status());
    delay(500);
    Serial.print(".");
}
Blynk.config(auth);
Blynk.connect();
}

}

WiFi.status() is actually only retrieved when blynk is no longer connected … so there would be need for more time … or not?

but with this code it wont connect to the wifi after the wifi was down.

@Stef_Weicks because of the test on the name of the WiFi. When the WiFi is disconnted i don’t think ssid stays populated.
To check that just before that test add
Serial.printf(“ssid:%s\n”,WiFi.SSID());