Started writing some code for a physics based particle system today — in preparation

Started writing some code for a physics based particle system today — in preparation before my long strips arrive. The code takes in the distance between the LEDs and then you can fire off particles at m/s with a set velocity and acceleration.

Video shows the particles all spinning in the same direction with the same velocity and negative acceleration — then they come to a stop and go off in random directions at different velocity and acceleration — and repeat etc

Oh yeah — plus the particles have tails and then a blur added on top for some extra spice.

I’d love to see your code for this!

@Mike_Eden it’s dead simple stuff that I’m putting in to a library — I’ve not written a class for Arduino before so I am learning the ropes — I’ll publish it when I have something a bit more substantial — plus, I’ve never published my code before so it’s a bit daunting!

OOOOH I like it! If you want to share, I wouldn’t mind poking around with the code as-is. Feel free to email it to me if you are willing. corbin @ corbinstreehouse dot com.

me too ! eden.mike@gmail.com

Nice! I was going to have a poke at something like this soon.

Hi James, did you ever post this code anywhere? I’ve made a LED crown for Halloween and would love to add your particles to my array of animations.

James could you Share the code in order to experiment with IT ? , thankyou