SPJS version 1.86 binaries now live for Linux and Windows.

Brian : I honestly don’t know how to answer your question on Red Hat 'based on".
openSUSE does use *.rpm packages and the YAST package manager which I believe comes from SUSE Linux, not RedHAt.
I can generally use the ‘alien’ package converter when I have to to get a Debian package into rpm format, but that is seldom necessary. In this case, I am not real sure where the issue might be.

@jlauer Both 1.80 and 1.83 run fine on my system, with a very in-frequent ‘stall;’ that we know as the “1.83 issue”.
What Kernel version is running on your test RaspPi platform?
openSUSE is not particularly aggressive on Kernel deployment, so you are likely ahead of 3.16

I’m just running whatever the latest Raspbian Wheezy is. What if you try to compile on your own to see if that works?

I am not fluent in Raspian.
A local compile is my next step

I just ran a file that was having issues with stopping repeatedly in the middle of the job. It still stuttered a few times but kept going on its own. I disabled the 3D viewer and ran it 2 more times and it didn’t stop. Maybe the fact that my CNC laptop is old is contributing to this in my case.

Brian, that’s excellent news. I was almost 100% sure I fixed the “stop in middle of job” bug which was a threading issue. It sounds like I nailed it. The stuttering is odd given all the buffering I do up to TinyG.

I think you did John, nice work! I’m pretty sure the stuttering was just because my garage computer is a POS. Like I said, stopping the viewer resolved it.

OK, an interesting result.
As noted above, the SPJS ver 1.86 Linux_amd64 build did not work for me on my native openSUSE 13.2 machine that is running Kernel 3.16.7-24. It did run for Brian on Xubuntu running Kernel 3.19.0-3. It also runs for JohnL on Raspian Wheezy (kernel ?).
Recompiling SPJS 1.86 on my 13.2 machine did not fix the port opening issue.

I just did a quick install of openSUSE 14.1Beta, which will be released in about a month and runs Kernel 4.1.6, in a VM.
SPJS ver 1.86 as built by JohnL (available on github) works fine on that machine.

FTDI device support has been moved into the kernel, my openSUSE 14.1Beta does not have libftdi1 loaded.

So, Linux users, including older RasbPis beware that it appears Go is producing binaries that require Kernel >= 3.19.0 for complete operation.

That is an interesting conclusion. Thrilled you got it to work then.

@jlauer started running 1.86, you and those that contributed have outdone yourself! Chilipeppr and all related widgets have never looked or performed better. Thank you for giving this to the community.