Somewhat frustrated by the ever lack of time to calibrate or even print on

hacks
experimentation
gplus
development
(Jeff W) #1

Somewhat frustrated by the ever lack of time to calibrate or even print on my printer, a modified original rigidbot. I’m wondering if there are services that will accept drop off or shipping of the printer to get it back into action?

In my case it’s mostly a wiring experiment project gone lengthy and then not. It’s all based on lack of time.

(Joe Spanier) #2

Might be able to pay someone at your local makerspace to finish it for you.

(ThantiK) #3

lol, if I did this unfortunately to make it work @ us wages, the cost would be more than the machine. :confused:

I agree with the hackerspace & beer approach.

(Jeff Parish) #4

@Jeff_W Where are you located and what mods have been made?

(Jeff W) #5

Washington

It’s that bye bye board revamp I’ve been discussing a while back on the rigidbot group. I’d love to finish it off and test it out, but shameful lack of time. I know as a fact I’m overbooked out through to November with only 1am to 2am to spare (when I get my best work done)

(Jeff W) #6

Actually both bye bye and extruder board will be replaced with the new design. And new wiring to bye bye to mb.

Extruders to extruder board straight forward.

(Ryan Carlyle) #7

Surprising fact, most people with the skills to pick up an unknown “drop off” printer and get it working well are pretty busy and would charge a lot for their time :slight_smile:

Printrbot had a… bot spa? refurb program but that’s really only viable when you have a pile of replacement parts in inventory and skilled assemblers familiar with the printer already.

(George Novtekov) #8

I have same problem like you my last project for a printer lasted for more than an year bofore even print and still continue. It’s pretty hard when you have 2-3 hours in total every day and you should choose sleep vs work on the printer. However I found that this best work with 2 printers and you only screw up one of them at a time.

(Ray Tice) #9

Yup, I’ve had a printer “in process” for a few years now. Like George, I took the 2 printer approach.