Some progress today. Made motor plates. As you suggested the Y-motors are diagonal.

Some progress today. Made motor plates. As you suggested the Y-motors are diagonal. I will attach large diameter rubber wheels on Y-motors. I had the Z-rod and coupler-M8. I will use tube and washers for the cord. I like that idea ! Gantry: I could not purchase small bearings from Pollin as shipping is too much to US. ! Do you have alternative ideas ? Should I go with the cross-gantry now ? Different bearings ? The printer in the background is an Aluminum Mendel from Thingiverse. The poor quality of the larger printed parts (from my PrinterBot Jr.) did not work smoothly so I decided to follow your Quad evolution. Your ideas are much more versatile. I like you share your engineering and experiments. We have learned much from you already. Thank you, again

a000b7267823b7818a08d9298a75cddf.jpeg

b231498daf2de897ab98b944c8cf538e.jpeg

Sorry, no special recommendations for bearing sources. So far, I’ve just been searching by size and finding deals on aliexpress, ebay, etc. Ordinary bearing distributors are asking crazy prices.

That link took me to a bearing that cost 8 Euros each ! Pollin cost about 40 Euros to ship 30 bearings. Add the cost of the bearings.