Some chinese vendors have started shipping a new led chip called TM1814 which is

@Ryan_Cush , WS2815 have the same redundancy as WS2813 but run at 12V and are much brighter… They are supposed to be more efficient, so less heat. But time will tell. I don’t have any for testing (yet).

@Jeremy_Spencer I’m looking at the WS2815 data sheet and the brightness is the same as WS2813b.

Now, there is a WS2813a variant that is ~30% brighter, but I haven’t seen these available anywhere

I can see the benefit in terms of voltage drop, of using 12V and down-converting to lower voltage for the LEDs. But I am still wondering how they would get around massive heat/energy loss during the voltage drop.

Are these WS2815 strips controlled with 5V input? Or do they need 12 V too?

:drooling_face:

Oh if these had been on the market when I did $massive_project a few years ago. Kinda makes me want to rebuild it, just for how much simpler it’d be :no_mouth:.

I’ve just ordered some GS8208s to try, they look like a 12V WS2813B…

Hi…I was wanting to get some assistance getting some RGBW TM1814 pixel LED’s running on an Arduino Uno.
I’ve attempted numerous libraries from the Adafruit neopixel library and shifting FastLED RGBW fit forks and the principle FastLED Library.

From what I comprehend from perusing the datasheets on for the TM1814 (here) and the adafruit RGBW neopxiel (or SK6812 here) the timings are very close with the exception of the TReset which I accept may be the reason for my issues.
I have additionally attempted other dev sheets, the little 3.5 and sparkfun ESP32 thingplus with 3.3v - 5v rationale level circuits with no karma.

In the event that anybody could bring up something I might’ve missed or has had some past progress with this chip and can reveal some insight it would be phenomenal.

order pcb assembly

You might cite this post for context asking on the current location of the FastLED community on Reddit:

1 Like