So slicers process infill for a cylinder with 15% fill like this I=(π/4 *

So slicers process infill for a cylinder with 15% fill like this

I=(π/4 * d^2 * h) (1-0.85)

Right?

I was thinking about this the other das, because I think slicers show the volume of a print for the whole object, including the spaces between the walls ehich are air-filled. If I am wrong on this, wouldn’t it be better if they just show the plain volume of used Material?

They also calculate how thick the extrudate is for infill, etc. You’ll notice that the density of lines changes with nozzle sizes for example.

Indeed, as expected. But I didn’t have this on radar. So actually the whole volume (with the air) remains the same, but the pure extruded volume is smaller depending on the used nozzle.

I’m pretty sure the actual volume remains the same. With smaller nozzles, the infill mesh gets denser. (Less line width, less volume, needs more lines to get the same volume) With larger nozzles, it gets more sparse.

Yes, if you leave the object as is, let’s say 0.4mm walls and 0.2 mm layers. Printing time should be at least doubled. If you set the object to have lesser walls/layers the volume of extrudate will decrease.