So, it turns out the stuff I got yesterday (Liqui Moly) is no good

@Yuusuf_Sallahuddin_Y …that is it…CRC Dry Moly Lube.

Decided to give this another crack, I tried to get something suitable months ago but had no luck. Seems molybdenum is hard to come by here. The info I’ve found states CRC Dry Moly Lube only has 1-3% molybdenum disulphide.

https://s17.postimg.org/mdddwfbbz/data.jpg

The CRC version is not available in Australia, though according to CRC’s web site it will be available from mid October (though I’m yet to see any stockists). I’ve dropped them a line to find out what’s going on.

Can’t find detailed information on Rocol’s version, but its prohibitively expensive at around $95 for a 400ml can.

A company called Ambersil (which is apparently linked to CRC) has a dry moly spray available for around $30 for 400ml. Though no information on moly content.

I’ve also contacted Minehan again to see if they’ve got stockists in Victoria.

Can’t believe how hard it’s been to get my hands on this stuff!

https://s17.postimg.org/mdddwfbbz/data.jpg

@I_Laser I would imagine that Minehan could post you some. Worst case scenario I could organise picking some up next time I’m up that way & post for you (although not sure if they’d let me since it is an aerosol spray). Let me know how you get on with your enquiries.

Thanks for the offer @Yuusuf_Sallahuddin_Y

Pretty sure aerosol cans are a no go in the standard postal chain. Would have to be via road freight, which is in the too hard basket. :wink:

I’ll let you know how I go, might also be of use to others in Australia trying to get their hands on the fabled spray. I’m really surprised CRC is not readily available. Cheers

Still no update from either Minehan or CRC :\

It’s as elusive as gold at this stage lol!

edit: I rang CRC direct, turns out it was only made available in Australia last week and they’ve not had a single commercial order yet. They passed me on to Blackwoods which is a CRC distributor in Victoria, I’m going through the process of getting a quote from them.

And another small (hopefully final) update. Haven’t heard back from Blackwoods regarding availability or pricing for CRC Dry Moly Lube

In the meantime managed to get hold of a very helpful guy at Minehan (Nathan). They don’t have any distributors in Victoria, so the only option was to courier a couple of cans. It’s a little steep ($23) for the courier, but at this stage was the only real option available.

Works out about $37 per can delivered. So still cheaper than some of the other options. Looking forward to finally giving this a crack!

Thanks again for the heads up about circle spray @Yuusuf_Sallahuddin_Y :wink:

@I_Laser Sweet, I guess $23 for courier is a price to pay just to have a go. Worst case scenario it make great lubricant for gate latches etc :slight_smile: