So I'm thinking my post from last night went into lala-land,

So I’m thinking my post from last night went into lala-land, and I suspect it’s something I did. Anyway, let’t try it again.

I tried installing LW3 on my Windows 10 Ultimate last night and ran into a few snags before I was able to get it to work.

First I tried the npm method to install everything. This fails on my system, it can’t find the package.json file at the end. I suspect it’s because my path has spaces and a period in it however I did not test this further.

I rolled back (deleted everything) and manually pulled it with git. Then ran npm install which run successfully … except, it installs an older version of serialport right off the bat. So I had to manually run ‘npm install serialport’ for it to upgrade it to the required 4.0.6 version. Once that was done, I was able to run node and load up the interface in a browser.

All in all, it’s nothing too terribly bad. Why the initial install drops an older version of serialport is something to look into, but it’s not a show stopper by any means.

I did not try the wrapped .exe file … I’m old, I’m hardcode unix, give me command line … none of the fancy stuff. :slight_smile:

Oh, and the joke’s on me. I spent about an hour fiddling with the interface, trying to get it to see my laser … yes, an hour. A WHOLE HOUR before my brain kicked in and reminded me that I don’t have it converted yet, so there is no way it would ever show up on this machine, no matter what I try … at 4am I went to bed.

There is no version set on serialport, it’s a wildcard.