So, if anyone wants to give my WebUI addon for Cura a test drive

I’m using this with a Prusa Mendel, RAMPS 1.4 and Marlin firmware. Here’s a link to the part I was printing (the larger of the two components): http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:34387

I’ll do another pull from the git repo and see if the jog controls are available I could see them but they were in a “disabled” state, so I just assumed you hadn’t gotten around to hooking them up yet :slight_smile:

Hopefully this is a pleasant distraction from your other family duties :wink: I’ll also give it a whirl on OSX to see if there are any issues (I wouldn’t expect there to be, but since others have been asking…).

Thanks again!

Ah, they should only be disabled if the printer is not connected or is currently printing… thinking about it i might have a copy paste error in the code there that leads to them also depend on whether a gcode file is loaded for printing… will take a look tomorrpw, should be easily fixed :slight_smile:

And yeah, in case you didn’t notice, I’m having a sh*tload of fun working on this, have spent most of my vacation on it so far and it’s a blast :smiley:

That’s awesome, you’ve saved me the trouble of building something simular so good show :slight_smile:

Just pushed some changes:

• Gcode for printjob is now loaded asynchronously, including a progress indicator in the frontend
  • New connection section which also allows selection of port and baudrate to use for connecting to printer (default values from profile file are pre-selected if available)
  • Connect button now switches to disconnect-functionality while connected
  • Bugfix: Jog controls are now also enabled if no job is loaded
  • Cleanups: More consistent quotes, some documentation

@Jason_Gullickson wanna give it a testdrive? :wink:

Will-do, but I’ll have to wait until my current print job completes :slight_smile:

Hey @foosel , finally getting a chance to try this out. I pulled the latest code but I’m getting an error when I try to start the “server”: “ImportError: no module named Cura.util”; maybe forgot to add a new file to the repo before commit?

@Jason_Gullickson argh, I accidentally committed the “app.debug = True” line in Cura/webui/init.py, that’s what’s causing this. Corrected, should work now. Flask’s debug-mode is doing some weird reloading things that lead to include path madness under normal circumstances

Thanks @foosel ; it loads up now and I can get to the web ui but when I try to connect the printer no serial ports or baud rates are listed in the drop-downs and tapping the “connect” button doesn’t seem to do anything. I tried this both as a regular user and sudo’d (thinking maybe enumerating the ports required higher security clearance) but the results were the same.

I did try uploading a file and the “Loading” status display is nice :slight_smile:

Also would it be easier if I reported this stuff via Github issues? I know I like keeping the bug reports as close to the code as possible :slight_smile:

@Jason_Gullickson Should be fixed now, was an issue with my rustyness in python vs. differences between windows and linux – please try another pull, and big thanks for testing this stuff out :slight_smile:

Github issues would be great, at least then I’d know what to write in the commit notes :wink:

Cool, I’ll give it a shot and log any issues I run into on github.

Congrats…great idea and project!