So, I may have made an uhh ohh.

In my soldering experience there are three key elements: The quality of the solder, the thickness of the solder and the iron you are using. For a beginner, 37/63 is a good leaded solder and buy it in .5mm or .7mm ( I have it in sizes from .1mm - 1mm, the thinner the quicker you need to feed, but the lower temperature and more control you have over the amount of solder you are using). I use a metal scouring pad in a small metal box to clean the tip between applications and have a thin tip with a slightly flattened end for most PCB work, like the third tip from the right in this pic: http://image.dhgate.com/albu_263532956_00-1.0x0/hakko-900m-t-b-soldering-iron-tip-fit-for.jpg

The other useful tip for general work is the fourth from the end - a happy medium between flat tip and ball-end.

Hardware store solder is usually rubbish.

I use a pot of flux as well as a flux pen - if I have a lot of fluxing to do, I use the pot, if it’s just a dab, the pens are great. Make sure the flux suits the solder - don’t use lead-free flux with leaded solder, for example

Practice is the key - there are some great instructional videos on youtube:

EEVBlog have a great three-part intro to soldering, including the tools, solder and flux - well worth a look even for the experienced:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Soldering is the way for this strips, you cut the lines in the strip.

Thanks for all the great advice… I know my Technique is Shabby but I have got to learn at some point…lol Just don’t want to keep messing the strips up.

this is ws2812b led strip, you can use connector

So I followed everyone’s advice and soldered my wires… It went more smooth this go round and I was able to Finish Both Side Racks!