So I just ordered my first 3D printer.  My Robo 3D R1 arrives Wednesday.

So I just ordered my first 3D printer. My Robo 3D R1 arrives Wednesday.

Any one got some tips for a 3D print noob? Especially from any other Robo 3D owners.

No first hand experience but seems to be a solid printer and @Mike_Kelly_Mike_Make is a great resource here and on the forums.

@raykholo
Thanks. I just checked him out, per your recommendation, and he does seem to have a lot of good info.

Note, the new version of this printer uses metric threaded rod. Print a calibration cube. The calibration cube may come out short. It if that is the case, it can be fixed with an m92 command.

My colleague just got one. He loves it.

@Nathan_Walkner
That’s a great help. Thanks

Hi Bryan, congratulations on the printer purchase! Camerin is correct and the steps per mm on the Z axis may be off. We just released a new firmware v3 that resolves this issue and some others. I recommend updating your firmware through Matter Control if possible. Other than that just watch our getting started video and you’ll be printing in no time!

@Bryan_Minnix In terms of more general tips for 3D printing beginners, you may want to take a look here: http://3dprintingforbeginners.com/3d-printing-tips/