So I finished my proxxon mini mill conversion to grbl 1.1.

So I finished my proxxon mini mill conversion to grbl 1.1. It’s pretty cool and seems to work well although I can’t find the collet for it! It’s around here somewhere. I think the first project will be re-creating the octocoupler filter board pcb. I ended up using an older ardruino cnc shield and it took me forever to figure out the limit switches but in the end it was as simple as commenting out the #define VARIABLE_SPINDLE and all was good. I also added an extended pin to get the arduino A5 (probe pin) on top of the shield for easy access. Just wanted to share… Thanks to all you guys that helped getting me started!

Hah the bubblegum cnc that was my first cad work :slight_smile: I love seeing people make them… only been a few

Yeah they’re tough to find info on. I’ve had the mill for close to four years collecting dust. Maybe something good will come of it now!

Longshot…but, if you give me the model number, I might be able to find a workable collet. I live in Japan, and you would not believe the price difference on hobbyist products from what you see in the US. Like I said, thou, longshot.

Hi @Mike_Mills1 ​, that’s excellent. The model is proxxon mf70… let me know if you can drum anything up! Thanks.

I’ll do what I can, sir.

3 or 4mm Dia. for proxxon mf70… New:3500¥ before shipping. Don’t know if that’s interesting to you, but it’s what I got off the Japanese website. Haven’t checked my other resources yet…

f90dbbc2320e90563772ab4c54cf905a.gif

Did you find your collet set? If you didn’t I have one from a dead MF70.

I did find “a” collet. Unfortunately although it fits the mill, I can’t fit a single bit in it. Weird. What would you want for yours?

I’m so sorry my reply is late. I haven’t logged on in a while. No charge, as I don’t have use for them. If you want them just email me your address.