So after checking all the belts,

So after checking all the belts, vref and carriages I was able to print off 5 benchy’s and each improved based on tweaks to the s3d profile and checking the mechanicals of the printer. The last is a big improvement from the first but still not perfect.

All seems to print well until it starts to work it’s way up and print the cabin and there is prints starts to shift.

Any suggestions and what I could check to help improve the print quality.

@Amit_Patel can you please check to see if the hotend is firmly in place? There was an earlier design of the X gantry where the hotend didn’t sit very firmly in place. If that’s the case you may have to print a shim.

Are your z motors tr8x8 lead. If so maybe try z-hop. Looks like you are nozzle catching on the arch of the cabin. Maybe bump up cooling% based on layer time under the cooling time and set a minimum layer time with a slowdown%

@Amit_Patel I have designs for the shims you need in onshape, I try to remember tonight to share a link

@Alex_Lee I just checked and there is ever so slightly some play in the hotend. @Daniel_Seiler that would be awesome if you could post ur shims so I can try that fix. In the meantime I will try what @Eclsnowman recommends and make some adjustments to my s3d profile and see if that improves the print quality.

@Amit_Patel I have posted the shims in the upgrade section - good luck on the last 20% of optimizations that usually take another 80% of the time :slight_smile: