So a bit of a problem,

So a bit of a problem, I was adjusting the current on my PrintrBot Metal Plus as per (http://help.printrbot.com/Guide/Adjust+Motor+Current+(Printrboard+Rev+F)/153) and I got my Z axis to skip, I pushed the limit up as per the instructions but now my Z axis is off and jams into the bed when commanding G1Z10F1000.

Edit**
So this was so simple it’s almost silly, not sure why they didn’t include this in the documentation though.

Not sure what to do I turned my printer off, but then I realized I could probably just use the Home buttons under the control (using OctoPrint), I turned in on and went to G1Z10F100 and the Z was way off, more like 50mm, I hit the Z home, it went to it’s normal Z home and all is well again.

Why did you adjust it in the first place? Just wondering as a fellow Printrbot user. Were you having problems with overheating?

Yes, got very hot and was very loud. The X, Y and Z are much quieter now but the Z skipped and now it’s out of alignment, any ideas? I can’t find ANYTHING about this online and their document doesn’t indicate that there will be a problem if a skip occurs.

So it turned out I just needed to use the Home button under the printers control, I’m using OctoPrint so the Z Home button on the Control tab.