Sneak preview. This is a k40 running smoothie.

Sneak preview. This is a k40 running smoothie. Yep, that’s all it takes to upgrade your machine so you can use the awesome LaserWeb.

When will it be available?

This is brand new I just got the first pcbs on Thursday. If you want to test I’ll be making some boards by hand.

Nice!

Mounting screws in the same location as the m2nano?

100% drop in. Yeah the board is the same size and mounting hole locations as the stock one.

I might want to try this. When I start building my CNC router I can use my smoothie 5x for that and this in my K40. Is this open source certified (OSHWA)?

I’m willing to test. I have a k40 ariving this week. I understnd smoothie is a must do upgrade.

@raykholo , yes, I can test it. I have a client who wants a quote for a machine. He might want more if it goes well. He has money to invest so maybe we help you guys get some income for all this incredible work.

This is open source along with everything else I do. Kinda hard to get certification for a product that’s existed for 5 days though :slight_smile:
@Niels_Sorensen @Steve_Anken @donkjr , great chat me on hangouts and we’ll talk details.

@raykholo can I peak at the schematics :slight_smile: