Smoothieboard with Universal Gcode Sender

Hi, Im working on CNC laser engraver project. I was using GRBL with arduino UNO for 3 years now. However I require additional PWM control pins so I’m testing smoothieboard v1.0b. Please, Is anyone able to stream gcodes to smoothieboard via Universal Gcode Sender? Im unable to correctly connect to Smoothieboard. Im using latest smoothieware and latest UGS.

http://smoothieware.org/software has some advice on how to get various software to interface with Smoothie. As far as I know, despite the “universal” name, UGS is actually one of the software that is the worst coded in terms of talking to Smoothie. I know there are options you need to enable/change for it to work correcly, but having never used UGS, I don’t remember which. I’m sure if they have a forum, that information is there. Otherwise it’s very likely this was already discussed in the past on the smoothie forums. Also, people in the Smoothieware IRC channel probably know about this.

I found that at least the versions of UGS I tried didn’t even run on at least a few common flavors of Linux. despite the theory of Java being “write once, run everywhere” and other Java programs run fine. I no longer recall the details, because I gave up on trying to make it work after sufficient frustration, and switched to Candle as a gcode sender…