SLA Resin vs FDM ABS.

@Adam_Steinmark ​ I don’t think you know your stuff. Please do a little research about resins. What you say is contradictionary and what you are saying doesn’t make any scence.
Or at least one thing makes scence from all of your posts, prints become brittle. So if you don’t cure them this is a fact, they will shatter in a month or so if not cured :wink:

@Matej_Rozman I don’t really appreciate your tone, I’m trying to keep discussion civil and productive. I explained briefly how the tests were done and explained what I was saying with reason. You disagreed and I asked to explain what leads you to believe that and you still have not explained your reasoning.
The printer cures the resin as it’s printing with a specific wavelength of light. I don’t understand how you can say uncured resin will shatter, it’s liquid. When you take the part out of the printer it is coated in some uncured resin which is why you clean the parts in water and IPA, but this still leaves the surface of the print somewhat lacking so you can post-cure the prints, further hardening the resin on the surface but also throughout the part. The harder a part is the more brittle, which is why the results from the testing I mentioned make sense. I will say again that I did not do the testing so I can’t confirm firsthand that the results are accurate but they certainly make sense. You’re offering a dissenting opinion, I’m simply asking you to clarify it with reason. If you can prove what I’m saying is untrue I welcome that because I’ll have learnt something new.

@Jamie_Laing What is the design?

Front hull?

Open the Pod Bay doors HAL!!!